Friday, February 09, 2007

Friday YouTube Gem #6: valsartdiary and 21stCenturyCat

valsartdiary
Val's Art Diary is a wonderful VLOG. It is so well-done and so beautiful. Val lives in Italy (I think) and she basically shows you how she paints. She has other videos, and it seems like it is art plus philosophy. Does that make any sense?

Anyway, I love her accent, and I really appreciate her careful way of editing the videos. She even has a video that shows how she produced (made?) the trailer for all of her videos. Very clever, and extremely time-consuming.

Val makes me want to paint. She makes me want to sculpt. She makes me want to buy paintings. And I guess that's part of what she needs to do, sell her paintings.



This embedded clip is not my favorite, but it is a Valentine's clip. And you know, all of her shorts are wonderful. She ends each episode with, "Eat your cookies." What a wonderful suggestion!

21stCenturyCat
For a less popular YouTuber, I am going to recommend 21stCenturyCat. I say he is less popular, because most of his videos only have 200 or so viewers. I am going to embed "The Love Doctor" because it is near St. Valentine's Day.



Basically, if you want to ask a sexual question, Dr. Love will answer your comment, private message or video response. I tripped upon when watching Randy Buffalo: The Movie. Again, not a lot of views, but a nice short film. 21stCenturyCat also did a piece entitled Blogging for Dummies (aka My 1st Blog). It is really about VLOGs; a bit disappointing. Actually the blog is not super-duper great, but since there was so few subscribers and the editing seemed good, I thought I would mention it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLLYWOOD abstract PAINTING DUO ON THE UPRISE THROUGH YOUTUBE A power painting duo that lives in Hollywood by the names of TIM PHOENIX and SANDY MARTIN, who paint under the synonym ONE BLACK ROSE are gathering quite the BUZZ in Hollywood and across the world about their abstract paintings. Their YOUTUBE videos have gathered them quite some accumulative fame lately. They are selling paintings more than they can keep up with now. Tim Phoenix says: "We started this show just a few months ago and now we can't even keep up with our commissioned works, let alone our weekly show which is on our youtube channel every monday night at 9:30pm eastern time and 6:30pm pacific coast time. Life is good right now because it is full of so much color. Our paintings are a different dimension for us that most people couldnt understand". You can see their art works on their website: www.OneBlackRose.us then go to their YOUTUBE SHOW