Friday, February 02, 2007

Friday YouTube Gem #5: Happy Slip and patriotaction

Here is something pretty funny. I did not think this reviewing of VLOGgers was necessarily creative, and I am sort of surprised I am still doing this (my attention span is somewhat short), but a VLOGger had the same idea this week.

YouTube Star: Happy Slip
This video is entitled Mac Beautiful. It is not the normal Happy Slip production – there is singing, but I loved it. For those of you who don't like James Blunt – that is, you with penises, well, except for Mike and a few others, you will probably not like the video. The video is professionally done, and I am fairly sure she is sort of like lonelygirl15 (e.g., has a crew behind her), but she is talented.

Side note: am I the only one who cries every time she hears Beautiful by James Blunt? I cry, sometimes uncontrollably.



Happy Slip does not post videos that often, but they all seem to be very creative and funny. She does several parts (her, her mother, her father, etc).

YouTube Non-Star: patriotaction
This next non-star that I have watched and have started to be a fan of is patriotaction. He may not be everyone's cup-o-tea, but I enjoy his VLOGs.



If you have not guessed it, patriotaction is conservative, but he is the good kind of conservative (a thinking one). Yeah, there are good and bad conservatives and liberals. I, myself, am a registered democrat, all in fairness to full disclosure, but I am a conservative democrat (seems that is the most common flavor in the south, and you know, since I am a sheep to the political system, I thought, why the heck not).

I was impressed by patriotaction because he doesn't like being called a Republican, even though I think he votes for mostly Republicans. My hidden agenda is to turn him away from the Republicans and towards the Libertarians. Shhhhh. Don't tell him that. Did you know that most women fantasize about being bedded by a Libertarian? And most male Libertarians (I am not sure there are female Libertarians) have nice butts and big, er, sticks. You know, they speak softly and carry a big stick.

4 comments:

Shadowdog said...

Happy Slip is genius! Thank you for turning me on to them! I walk in both worlds (I have a Mac and a PC) but I have several militant Mac friends who are going to eat this video up with a spoon. It's a genius rewriting of the song but what really sells it is the intercutting with her holding the G4 powerbook (just like what I'm typing on right now! Woo Hoo) and kissing whatever type that other computer was. LMAO

Why wouldn't people like that song or that artist? I haven't encountered any Blunt hate in my neck of the woods.

Speaking of intercutting, PA also did a good job with that. I LOVE the little photos up in the corner. LOL He probably should have done three or four takes of this because he was stumbling his words or searching for his words to the point that it got distracting but that's just me being an anal filmmaker. But he's a likeable guy and has otherwise good delivery (I love the way he pronounced that last name).

Two good links! I look forward to more of your finds.

Leesa said...

Happy Slip is great, and patriotaction is likable. I don't think he does too many re-takes.

Kim's Life said...

Some thing about Happy Slip. It draws you in and you cant look away. LOL

Patriot Action said...

I googled myself and look what I found. This is a very kind review. I thank you for taking the time to watch my videos and judge fairly.