Looks like yours truly is on her way to easy street. I have been debating whether to tell anyone, especially since Ms. Williams e-mailed me directly with the note, "PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL," but I figure I can trust you.
You see, Ms. Williams needs my assistance, not yours or anybody else's, but mine. She probably read my blog and thought, "I can really trust this bitch." I know that is what she was thinking when she lovingly hit the send key to me. Sorry for gushing, but I am about to become 7.5 million dollars richer. Okay, 20% of that amount – heck, I was so excited I guess I skipped that minor point.
After receiving this money, I think I will be able to blog full-time. Wow. What a windfall.
Well, crap, looks like snopes.com thinks this may be someone trying to swindle me. Imagine that. Now I have read about stories like this, a lot of them coming from Zimbabwe, Nigeria, and other countries that I have trouble finding on a map.
But they have different names, different e-mail addresses. Different. Crap. Who am I kidding? You know, I read that some countries get a significant amount of their GNP (gross national product) from these scams. Can you believe that?
I want to set my computer to "do not send out any information to anyone." Where is that button?
The unedited e-mail missive (please don’t send money):
From: Rose William (Mrs)
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR/CEO
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
Good Day to you
I am Mrs.ROSE WILLIAMS,the widow of late Mr.Paul WILLIAMS, who was recently murdered in the land dispute in Zimbabwe. I decided to write you to seek your assistance for the transfer of a family fund,Before the death of my Husband he had taken my son to Johannesburg to deposit the sum of US$7.5Million (Seven Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars), in one of the private security Company, as if he foresaw the looming danger in Zimbabwe. This money was deposited in a box as germ stones to avoid much demurrage from Security Company. This amount was meant for the purchase of new machines and chemicals for the farms and establishment of new farm in Swaziland.
This land problem came when Zimbabwean President Mr. Robert Mugabe introduce a new Land Act reform which wholly affected the rich white farmers and some few blacks farmers. And this resulted to the killing and mob action by Zimbabwean war veterans and some lunatics in the society. In fact, a lot of people were killed because of this land reformed Act for which my Husband was one of the victim.
It is against this background that, I and my family who are currently staying in South Africa decided to transfer my Husband ’s money to a foreign account since the law of South Africa prohibits a refugee (asylum seeker) to open any bank account or to be involved in any financial transaction throughout the territorial zone of South Africa.
As the Mother of three son , Iam saddle with the responsibility of seeking a genuine foreign account where this money could be transferred without the knowledge of my government who are bent on taking everything we have got. The South African government seems to be playing along with them. I am faced with the dilemma of investing this amount of money in South Africa for fear of going through the same experience in future since both countries have similar political history. Moreover, the South African Foreign Exchange policy does not allow such investment for an asylum seeker.
As I intend to entrust my future and that of my family in your hands, I must let you know that this transaction is 100% risk free. If you accept to assist me and my family all I want you to do for me is to make arrangements and come to Johannesburg South Africa, so that you can open a non-resident Transmission account which will aid us in transferring the money into any account you will nominate overseas. This money I intend to use for investment.
I have two options for you; firstly you can choose to have certain percentage of the money for nominating your account AND your asistance in this transaction. Or you can go into partnership with me for the proper profitable investment of the money in your country. Whichever the options you want, feel free to notify me If you do not prefer a partnership I am willing to give you 20% of the money while the remaining 80% will be for my investment in your country.
Contact me with the above E-mail address or call my son on 09-27-733-948-018 his number cname is Charles William,while Implore you to maintain the absolute secrecy required in this transaction.
Rose William (Mrs)
(For the family).
NOTE: YOU CAN READ ABOUT PROBLEMS IN ZIMBABWE FROM THE
The Weather and Your Joints
2 days ago