Thursday, December 15, 2005

I dare ya'

Okay, two days ago, Ms. Georgia Peach tagged me and Prata. And, after looking at this, it is sort of a dare. And both of us took Ms. Peach up on her little dare. I know I really did not want to do it, and I am certain Prata was not thrilled about it either. Though he responded beautifully.

I did this – and maybe Prata did as well – because we were sort of dared to do something.

Playing spin the bottle is a dare of sorts. You are all around a bottle and you are forced to kiss someone not of your choosing. Part of this is probably because you want to be forced to kiss someone, part of it is because you don't want to be in control. Some thing with the "5 minutes in the closet." Almost every boy I was in the closet with did almost nothing. A lot of giggling after a moment of quiet terror. And all I wanted was for a boy to cup my breasts.

Then in high school we played truth-or-dare. I sort of did not get the rules, because I always told the truth. Hey, I was a good Catholic school girl; what did I have to hide? I think it would have been more fun to do the dare even if I didn't mind telling my girlfriends who I liked, or what base I reached with Kevin (sadly, first base, and equally sadly, Kevin was not a very good kisser).

Then in college I was doing all sorts of daring stuff, but that was not because people were daring me. I was just out-there, experiencing life.

Then marriage. Is that a dare? Husband didn't dare me, but it seemed like a very daring thing to do. Best thing I have ever done, even after all this time and these mistakes.

Then the dark period. When I had "fallen from grace," I had sort of a girlfriend who we would tell things to one another. Okay, that last sentence seemed like it was in code. Here is what I was trying to say more plainly: When I was screwing every penis that came near me, I found this girlfriend who had similar experiences, and we would tell each other about what we were up to. It was not gossip, per se, because we were talking about our own experiences. It was sort of like a sisterhood of sluts, I guess. And there were only two of us. Hmmmm. Sisterhood seems like the wrong word to use.

Anyway, girlfriend and I would talk about what we did with which body parts involved in what locations. We had some lively discussions. And after a while, we would dare each other. On more than one occasion, I would go to work and girlfriend would dare me to go braless for the day. Which was a big deal because the cash register was on this old desk, so customers would be looking down on us as we took their money. When I went braless, there was a good chance the guys were looking down my blouse that day.

I know you are thinking that I liked the attention – and I really didn't. I just had such a good relationship with this chick that I did not want to disappoint her. Okay, not a lasting friendship really, but one of those feel-good friendships. If you were standing on a bridge contemplating jumping into the icy river water, you would not want her standing by waiting to save you. She probably would have been curious as to the size of your splash, and although she would not have pushed you off, she would have enjoyed seeing you hit the water. Thanks, sweetie, but you wouldn't be earning your wings and you wouldn't care.

She also dared me to wear some butterfly vibrator while working. And I chose not to do that. That was just too strange. The more I think about her, the more I think I will be reading about her in the newspaper. She is the type that might have a dungeon under her house, if you know what I mean.

I had to reread the first paragraph of this entry to figure what I was writing about. I had forgotten – and I was thinking, "Why am I writing about butterfly vibrators and dungeons? Did someone dare me?"

18 comments:

Sassy said...

I was a late bloomer so I never even played those naughty party games until college. Then we'd exceed the five minutes, end up seriously making out/groping, but everyone outside the closet was too drunk to remember or care.

Ah, the good old days...

MOAB said...

I've had friends like that, -glad they're all past tense.
Monica

Prata said...

Oh well yes, this is exactly why I did it. Apparently, I have this thing about being told "I don't think you can do it". A dare as I experience it, is just someone saying..I know you _can_ do it..but I don't think you will...now..prove to me that you are exactly what I think of you.

So, I am really pretty incapable of performing (either by actually doing or not doing something) an act which will display that I am a coward or dishonorable in any way, shape, or form.

One of my remaining hang ups in life. lol

And _why are you_ writing about butterfly vibes and dungeons ^_^

Joe said...

I love the twists and turns that your stories take, Leesa.

I can't remember when "dares" lost their allure for me, but I do feel more liberated since then. Now when I do things, it's by choice.

Grant said...

Can I have her phone number and/or e-mail address?

Leesa said...

SassyGirl: when I played those games in elementary/middle school, it was more innocent.

monica: luckily, I have lost those "friends"

prata: you and me both

joe: joe said, "I love the twists and turns that your stories take, Leesa." joe meant: "I love that you can't hold an idea with a bucket."

grant: she was a freak

Prata said...

If sometimes you think you are strange..or have a hard time writing. Have a gander at what happened to me today. I'll be hosed for days or weeks now. *chuckles*

Deb said...

Leesa---wouldn't your co-workers hear you 'buzzing' around the office if you did stick that butterfly vibrator in your pants? Busy little beaver you!

Oh this made me laugh--you're too much!

I'm not too sure I understand the part about the dungeon. You mean like that S&M sort of stuff?

Clue me in here.

~Oblivious

Leesa said...

prata: I must have visited right before you posted it; thanks for the reminder to re-check.

~deb: sorry for the vague reference. Yeah, I was referring to S&M, something I know little about myself.

Grant said...

"She was a freak." I gathered that from your post. Why else would I want her number? She's not of Asian descent is she? If she is, tell her that I love her. :p

On a different subject, you should try this meme. It doesn't require any work on your part other than responding to the commenters. You seem to have some interesting and intelligent readers (in addition to me) and I'd like to see what they have to contribute.

Leesa said...

grant: I did your thingie. Now that I posted it, it was racier than I had intended. Sorry.

goddess: I did not delete it, honest. By the way, I see that you are getting love on ddot's blog. Making it big time.

mfophotos said...

I played truth or dare when I was a camp counselor back in 1976. I have no recollection of what I did with the women I was playing with. I think 5 minutes in a closet with you would be long enough for something to happen...

kathi said...

I've never played truth or dare, or spin the bottle. You'd nearly think I've lived a sheltered life, huh?
I do think you'd be a really fun friend to have. We could go 'toy' shopping together. Deb, wanna tag along?

MOAB said...

I haven't gone shopping with "the girls" in a long time....can I come too?

Boris Yeltsin said...

Had one of those "friends" myself. They're fun while things are going good. You're a great writer. You should submit some scripts.

Byron said...

Friends like that though push you to limits that looking back are good that have been visited...and girls who do dare are so sexy

Byron

http://pathsoverlives.blogspot.com/

MZPEACH said...

Dungeons are GOOD!

cleondann said...

Nice story. I like your post.
dungeons are really good.

Reference:
http://www.leluv.com/