Monday, March 05, 2007

Round 2: Eastern Bracket

Eastern Conference Game 1
An Audience of One
I am a middle school administrator enrolled in a doctoral program and a father of two. My blog is mostly dedicated to issues involving raising children, public schools/education, relationships/love, and culture. I write from the point of view of a twice divorced single parent who is passionate about his kids, his work, and his life. My blog is also a journal of my personal journey, failures, and triumphs.

That's So Pants
My blog is subtitled 'What is wrong with everyone?'. That's so pants is a polite English way of saying 'that sucks'. It would probably more accurately translate as 'that's ever so slightly sucky'. It's a snide poke at politicians, industrial emperors, environmental vandals, celebrities and twats in general. I write about my frequently surreal spats with the rest of the world, ranging from the ubiquitous anonymous call centre drones that feature in every aspect of day to day administration to irritable Argun the stationer whom I have to boldly confront every time I need a new 2B pencil.


Eastern Conference Game 2
Anecdotal Evidence Life Exists On Planet Earth
A humorous blog that recounts the often slap-sticky travels (and travails) of Scott from Oregon, from Aboriginal beer thefts to his Mum's vagina. AELEOPE is full of warmth and self deprecating humor and contains a wonderful trove of life's silly occurences. AELEOPE not only amuses you with Scott's "tales of woohoohoo", it asks you to offer up some of your own . With an archive full of goofy tales and a mind full of way too many more, this blog is as essential as the Sunday Morning Comics, (and way more worldly). It's like a fire-ring story-swap with beer and mosquitoes. Check it out.

Shephard's Alley
You round the corner and turn down an alleyway you've never seen before.
Admist the red brick and lamplight, you read of adventures in Southern California and beyond, as the alley's resident writer shares thoughtful perspectives, uplifting reminders and humor (and often photos of the quirky and lovable alley-cats). Graffiti is encouraged.


Eastern Conference Game 3
The Yellow Duck Pond
Lighthearted musings from a migrant duck resident somewhere in Central Europe on all things that take his fancy: some culture, some politics, some philosophy and some photography. The Pond is an open and friendly place with lots of quacking and banter thanks to a lovely band of regular commenters and there is always room for one more.

Shadowscope
Shadowscope is a daily journey of whatever is floating around my sick little mind at the time. Posting several times a day I offer completely useless drivel interrupted occasionally by something poignant and witty, just not too often. Wouldn't want to fool anyone. Shadowscope is not generally considered safe for work, as I tend to drop the "F" bomb quite a bit, and there is no telling what you might find in the pictures.


Eastern Conference Game 4
Ah, Yes, Medical School
Join me as I half-ass my way through medical school, encountering all sorts of freaks (patients, classmates, myself, etc.) along the way.

In Search of Adam
My /In Search of Adam/ blog started in August 2006 and the posts were about how to approach literary agents with a finished manuscript. Three weeks later, a publisher stumbled on my blog and requested the manuscript. I was offered a publishing deal. The blog has since developed to combine my journey from unpublished to published, along with the hassles and tassels of my life. It is largely tongue in cheek, with a few fancy fonts and melancholic moments thrown in.