Friday, March 30, 2007

Randomness Friday

YouTube Spam: Monday
The "subscription invitation" is a form of Spam on YouTube. I have had many people who want to share videos with me, and they don't want to share (give and take); they want me to watch their videos. And what is bad, is that their videos are generally good. So do you reward spam and subscribe. Yeah, I do, but I don't like it.

Trump on Bush
I recently say a video that was an interview with Donald Trump. I don't know a lot about Trump – I read "Art of the Deal" a long time ago, and I was unimpressed with his intellect. I have never watched the "You're Fired" show that Trump hosts, but I know that's what he says on it. I have never liked his hair. But listening to him on the interview makes him sound smarter than I have given him credit for. I never really thought about it, but the US sort of blew an opportunity after 9-11. We could have turned things around on the love-hate America front, and we didn't.

Tooting Dominance
A few weeks ago, I was visiting with my family. My nephew is a hoot. He is six, so I think his fascination concerns farts and poop, not girls. Anyway, when I was visiting, he ranked people by the noxiousness of their toots. My brother was numero uno, and then came him, then my hubbie, then his mother, then his little sister, and lastly me. I was tickled that I registered least likely to cause discomfort with my toots. He calls them farts, with an emphasis on the "f". Funny thing is that I felt more like a lady than my sis-in-law because my toots are less smelly. Weird.

Bristol Boys Spam: Thursday
Last night I got what I consider spam from YouTube. Somebody I don't know asked me to look at their videos, and basically there are three showing women scantily clad, dancing little sexy dances with either copies of a DVD of the Bristol Boys or dancing in front of a wall, plastered with the Bristol Boys logo (think film festival photo shoots but more tacky). There were actually a couple of clips of the movie, and the movie seems to be a violent movie dealing with drugs. And I think a strip club is involved. Why do all of the violent movies have to have sex in them? I mean, like sex and violence are intertwined.

Wanting to Sing
I can't sing, and could never sing. I love to go on YouTube and listen to those who can sing. I have visited Austin, TX, one of the "hot spots" for talent. I wonder if that is how Detroit was in the 1960s and early 70s. I sometimes wonder if American Idol and similar things are a poor substitute for what happened in "Motown." And when the Super Bowl was in Detroit, how come Motown was not featured? Still scratching my head over that one.

Cleaning out my Drafts: History Repeats
I saw the following last year and wanted to write a post about it. You know, I will never get to it, so I figure I’d just cut-and-paste it to my randomness and delete the draft blog entry.

YEAR 1981

1. Prince Charles got married.
2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe.
3. Australia lost the Ashes tournament.
4. Pope died.

YEAR 2005

1. Prince Charles got married.
2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe.
3. Australia lost the Ashes tournament.
4. Pope died.

In the future, if Prince Charles decides to remarry, please warn the Pope.

Double-Take
I saw the following:
Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast

with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.


and I saw, "Don't get soaked. Take a quick pee in the forest."

What does that say about me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to burst your bubble, but Pope John Paul I died in 1978.

Pope John Paul II was shot in 1981 but did not die...

Just another annoying commentator pointing out a mistake...

Southern (in)Sanity said...

That "tooting dominance" part about made me fall in the floor, I was laughing so hard.

Pittchick said...

I can't sing either. I would love to visit Austin sometime, I hear it's a great city.

Leesa said...

annoying: I did not check facts. Reminds me of the Kennedy and Lincoln Assassination "coincidences" that were not factually accurate either.

rwa: when I heard it, I was a tad uncomfortable. But it is cute/funny.

pitt: Austin is great. I wanted to spend more time there.