Thursday, May 21, 2009

You've Got Moxie

I was looking up some information on someone I know. She writes for Moxie Post (an independent media production company). But you go to their website, and it is nearly not there.

The first bit of news that they posted is an embedded video clip (courtesy of PETA). I am no marketing person, but this really does not look good. I mean, yeah, the vegan getting out of the pool makes one want to give up meat (get it, male genitalia = meat, she is hot, so it could turn a woman lesb . . . crap, if I have to explain it, maybe it is not that funny.) Oh, and if she looks familar, she is Alicia Silverstone (I got that from the goveg.com site). I don't really know who she is - maybe the daughter in TV's Married . . . with Children. She was in Clueless, The Crush (as the psycho stalker), and Blast from the Past (opposite Brendan Frasier). She was in an aerosmith video, too (thanks, Xmichra).

5 comments:

LarryLilly said...

Up early again?

Alicia has gotten tude as she has gotten older. When she was in earlier work she was a pretty face, now she is wholesomely pretty. Works for me.

I liked your 5th grade post. For me, that was not a good year, I was still doing time in catholic school and science was what we got from the public education channel. The nuns didnt go beyond the Spanish Inquisition, so they only knew the force needed to rip arms out of shoulders.

For me, it was 7th Grade. Janet Smyda. My first dream girlfriend.

Grant said...

PETA has too many wackos and home-grown terrorists for me to really take them seriously anymore. I still remember their Atlanta campaign. They put billboards overlooking the Interstates that said "Jesus was a vegetarian - follow His example", and then referenced the bible passage that says what comes out of a person's mouth is more important that what goes in. They relied on the average commuter's willingness to accept whatever the billboard says at face value.

Advizor54 said...

Bunnylord hit on a lot of my anti-PETA sentiment. There is no evidence that Jesus was a vegetarian. In fact, it was his disciple Paul that received a vision that actually expanded the use of meat in the Christian community by freeing the followers of Jesus from the Kosher laws of the Old Testament.

Alicia Silverstone was not the daughter in "Married with Children" that was the infinitely more talented Christina Applegate who has been on TV and Broadway (Sweet Charity) and just recently (rrrrrgh) got canceled on "Samantha Who?" which I thought was really cute.

Xmichra said...

Alicia was the main character in the movie clueless, the crush (as the psycho stalker), blast from the past (opposite brendan frasier) and i am sure more. but those are the three i remember off hand. I think she was in an aerosmith video too...

Malach the Merciless said...

I am Lost