Thursday, February 26, 2009

Google Error

We're sorry...
... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

If you're continually receiving this error, you may be able to resolve the problem by deleting your Google cookie and revisiting Google. For browser-specific instructions, please consult your browser's online support center.

If your entire network is affected, more information is available in the Google Web Search Help Center.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.


I got this message while trying to check Google Mail. Personally, I think my wicked typing speed tricked Google. When I am typing user names and passwords, I type fast. Apparently these skills resemble an automated request from a computer virus.

Me, I think I will take time away from the WWW today. I mean, I am already pissing off Google. I don't want to cause my skills to further hamper the web. Can you imagine this on the nightly news: "Massive Internet outage because Leesa has wicked fast typing skills. A score of geeks are re-writing code to mitigate this type of outage in the future."

9 comments:

LarryLilly said...

You may be special, but NOT that special.

I get them all the time, and I use three thumbs to type!

Have a great day away. :)

Leesa said...

larry: you must be doing something weird. Some sort of high-end Internet stuff.

Joe said...

I'm noticing that the web is much quicker in your absence. Must be from all of the anti-spyware programs not having to figure out what's a virus and what's just your supremely awesome typing skills.

Cliff said...

Google has just been telling me that I've been making bad requests.

Grant said...

You have a Google cookie? What flavor is it?

Awake In Rochester said...

That happened to me recently. I just ignored it. Google is playing all kinds of tricks. It has made posts disappear & reappear on blogs. It's made people on the "followers" list disappear. See my blog concerning a post about Google and how to fix the follow list. ;) Bad Google!

kathi said...

I don't care what anyone else says, I believe it's because of the speed of your mad typing skills. And...I'm never wrong. ;)

Leesa said...

joe: it is an awesome responsibility, Joe.

wixy: I think google is whacky.

grant: Oatmeal.

awake: thanks for the info.

kathi: I know you aren't wrong, babe.

Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

I've been getting the same error message. How annoying!

Changing the subject: Leesa, stop by my site when you get a chance to pick up an award.