Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Failing at Social Networking

I have been neglecting my blog. I know I have. Web logs, or Blogs, were one of the granddaddies of social web communities. The Video Blog, or VLOG, followed. Then Twitter, and so forth.

Well, I got an email from Biz Stone in my inbox the other day – not that Biz and I are close, but there was a change to Twitter. Anyway, I googled him, and found his Blog (last updated in April 2008) and LinkedIn profile. He has less than 200 connections on LinkedIn (not a lot for LinkedIn whores).

Anyway, one of the leaders in social networking, and his networks suck. So I guess there may be hope for me.

7 comments:

Grant said...

I still think pictures of you naked would increase traffic around here.

Xmichra said...

lol.. that is some great perspective Leesa ;)

SheenV said...

I'm guilty of the same. And I agree with Grant!!

Cliff said...

Sometimes you have to step back and just watch. I've been keeping up my blog, but cutting down on visiting others. The reason being for that is personal issues have been keeping me away from my keyboard.

Just do things at your own speed.

LarryLilly said...

There is hope for all of us.

Well, as long as your alive.

In whatever you feel is your afterlife there needs to be no hope, just memories.

Anonymous said...

I like your attitude, sweetheart. I guess the naked photos would be nice, too, but I still love you fully clothed, so it's always good to see that you are still with us.
Come around when you have the impulse and drop by and see me sometime. I miss you.

btsea said...

I haven't gotten into twitter. For some reason, it seems more like a girl thing...don't shoot me for saying that! Am I right or wrong? ;) Maybe I"m just not twitterpated yet.

The only thing I really look at are blogs. Myspace takes too long to load--it's cumbersome and doesn't have that clean finish to it. It's like a big unorganized scrapbook. Ultimately, the best social networking is...going out with a friend for lunch, having a beer, playing tennis (if only I knew how). online is fun...but best served "medium", not overdone.